Customer Service Specialist/Materials Planner
Lesjofors Springs America, Inc. is an industry leader in the design and manufacture of custom engineered flat mechanical springs and spring assemblies.
Summary of Position:
In this highly visible role, you will be responsible for providing world class customer service to both our internal and external customers, ensuring that our custom products are delivered according to customer specification, needs, and schedule. You will work in partnership with sales, production, and finance, to manage the progress of orders throughout the organization. You will be responsible to review material availability and work with our sourcing partners to ensure consistent flow of materials to our production sites. You will also coordinate and track the progress of all inbound and outboard shipments.
Essential Functions of the job:
- Maintain a working knowledge of our customers and products,
- Daily customer communication and accurate order processing through phone, email, and maintenance of customer websites.
- Handle customer complaints and concerns in a professional and timely manner.
- Enter claims/complaints and communicate those issues to the sales and the product development team respectively, ensuring that customer concerns are quickly addressed.
- Provide product and other information, such as in stock availability, pricing, delivery expectations, etc. to customers.
- Daily maintenance of ERP system, generation of warehouse and shipping documents, customer invoices, and material purchase orders.
- Review and discuss with production team: capacity issues, inventory shortages, scheduling problems, and other potential challenges affecting on time deliveries.
- Identify possible material shortages and assess alternative sources of replenishment to fulfill orders.
- Collaborate with sales, finance, and production daily to ensure that product and carrier availability can meet customer needs.
- Forecasting, purchasing, and expediting raw material/components to ensure adequate material is on hand for planning production and delivery according to customer demands.
- Coordination of inbound and outboard shipments and freight carriers, and resolution of freight claims.
- Maintain customer records, sales contracts, and other documentation.
Ideal Candidates possess the following skills and attributes:
- Strong communication, organizational, time management, and problem solving skills.
- Highly collaborative with strong interpersonal effectiveness.
- Results oriented; driver of change and progress.
- Passionate and self-motivated.
- Intuitive and detail oriented, with strong problem solving skills.
- Business acumen: understands cross functional partnerships and responsibilities.
- Executive presence: capable communicator, effective communication across various levels of the organization.
- Strong computer skills (working knowledge and experience with Microsoft office).
- Ability to work under demanding time constraints in a dynamic production environment.
Lesjofors Spring America, Inc. offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please send resume to: